And how can I start my own?
Although many states and jurisdictions are opening back up, we are still in quarantine here in Virginia. This time, besides working on my design business has also given me time to drop into the different fandoms and either refresh my love of the best TV shows to binge watch or to wonder why they are considered the best. Here is the top 10 TV Show fandoms ranked on Ranker:
- Game of Thrones – I must say that I’ve not watched all of the series because I don’t have HBO. My favorite parts from all of my Youtube surfing is about the dragons, the Night King, and the growth of Arya. I mean, it had me with the dragons if nothing else!
- Breaking Bad – I’ve watched 3 episodes, and went meh. After working in criminal law for 10+ years, the last thing I wanted to see was more about drugs (meth). This was a hard pass for me.
- Stranger Things – Woot! I am a 80s kid so this is like reliving the good ole days my youth. The arcades, the freedom of bike riding, the group of friends. Heck, even how the local mall was the hangout place to be! I can’t wait until the next season.
- Sherlock – I love this version with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. Although a crime drama, it has an edge to it that is more than just gratuitous violence. Cumberbatch and Freeman are perfect together! This show made me truly into a Cumberbatch fan (marvel helped to cement that).
- The Office – OMG, it is like watching a car wreck. The only reason I warmed up to it was because of hubster (It is like a part of his daily relaxation-unwinding routine). After a while Pam and Jim pull you in. But still: Michael is/was the boss/supervisor from hell.
- Friends – I am a huge Ross fan, and my favorite episode is the one with the leather pants. OMG, it is hilarious on all accounts, and even now, just remembering it, I’m laughing.
- Supernatural – I learned about Supernatural at the tail end of the series, but the episode that I enjoyed the most was the Scooby-Do cross over. Again, when I am able to relive my childhood, I consider that a win!
- Sons of Anarchy – nope, no idea.
- The Sopranos – again, nope.
- The Big Bang Theory – I really enjoyed this series up until they started making Shelton another Michael from the Office. Now, he was just mean for no reason.
Personally in my list of fandoms, for TV shows, I’d include: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, X-Files, Fringe, Parks and Recreation, The Good Place, Once Upon A Time, Castle, Community, Heroes, Veronica Mars, Luther, The 100, and finally, Firefly.
What about you? What TV shows would you consider to be in your top 10?
One day, I hope to build a world that inspires community. It might not be today, but I’d like to think that I am on my way to creating a fandom, too!